Brothers Barbarian can’t continue without your support.
Unlike big Hollywood shows, we rely directly on our fans to stay alive. And that’s the way we like it.
We don’t have to explain why a mage needs to wave his arms before casting a spell to an executive who could overrule us. We make movies with just you in mind!
Remember all the great shows that get canceled because they don’t get the best ratings? Well we do, and we want to finish telling our story before some big studio shuts us down because our story only appeals to a nerdy, but cool, group of people.
Plus, making a studio production cost a lot of cash. And studio execs are so paranoid about piracy that they treat their biggest fans like criminals. We think that’s ridiculous.
We want to do things differently. Here’s how:
- Release Brothers Barbarian online, for free.
- No DRM or copy-protection in our work, period.
- Our DVD will be region-free and free of copy-protection.
Which gets to how you can support us:
- Share our work! Our biggest enemy is obscurity. YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Digg, you name it, wherever you like to go for information, spread the word.
- Become a financial contributor, either one-time or ongoing.
- When it comes out, buy our DVD. We’ll have all sorts of extras on it. And because we’re self-distributing, you know that your dollars actually count for something.
- Volunteer to screen Brothers Barbarian at your local convention. We can’t travel everywhere, but our fans are already there. We’ll help you through every step of the process.
- Help us create subtitles in your language.
- Come up with cool new ideas and share them with us!
Will all this help us pay for the first season and get a second season shot? If there are enough of you who care, it will. 1,200 people who each give $25—whether that’s our net from a DVD sale, or a direct contribution, or whatever—gets us a second season. We know that not everyone who sees the show will contribute. But if 20 non-contributors introduce Brothers Barbarian to one person who puts in a few bucks, we’re one step closer to making the next season. And the one after that. All outside the Hollywood system. And at a level where we can pay our cast and crew a real wage.
Like it says at the end of each episode, our motto is No Studio, No Network, No Cancellation. The networks can’t cancelBrothers Barbarian. Nor will we let them save it. Whether the show lives or dies is entirely up to you!
About the Logo
The FAN SUPPORTED, CREATOR DISTRIBUTED logo was developed by Zombie Orpheus Entertainment for use by independent artists, filmmakers, and musicians. Here’s what it means:
- Fan Supported: The work is supported primarily by its fans, rather than advertising, mass market sales, or third-party labels, networks, or studios.
- Creator Distributed: Distribution of the work is managed by its creator, rather than a third party. This helps fans know that the value of their dollars is maximized, rather than being siphoned off by layers of third-parties. (The creator may still make the work available to wholesalers and other agents, but they retain primary distribution rights.)
- The Design
- The Circle: Fans and creators are interdependent. The more that a community supports the artist, the more works the artist is able to create for their community.
- The Hand: Every person involved, whether as creator or fan supporter, is important. This is the opposite of top-down distribution—rather, the strength of the model emerges from the center.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
You are free to Share — to copy, distribute and transmit the work — under the following conditions
Attribution — You must attribute the work in the following manner on the web page of the work to which it is affixed: “This logo signifies that [the work] is directly distributed by its creator to the creator’s fans. For more information, please visit bit.ly/fansupported.”
No Derivative Works — You may not alter, transform, or build upon this work, with the single exception that you may change the following text to meet your project’s needs “Driven By You”.
This logo is intended to be used by independent artists and creators who are directly distributing their works. It is primarily intended for the following uses:
- Product Packaging (DVD sleeves, CD covers, etc)
- Video (transparent bug, end credits, etc)
- Posters, Postcards, other printed media